The Top 10 Coolest Hairstyles At NYFW
New York Fashion Week may have ended last week, but we’re still reveling in the backstage festivities (and recovering). At this point, however, we’ve had some time to process it all, and we’re ready to deliberate on next season’s biggest trends and most fashion-forward looks. Today we’ve rounded up our favorite hairstyles, from the totally outrageous to the completely wearable. Check back tomorrow and Friday for our top makeup and manicure picks!
- Rebecca Minkoff: The braided crown trend lives on! Frida Khalo was the muse for these unfussy updos crafted by TRESemmé stylist Jeanie Syfu. To create the style, she plaited three different ponytails into four-stranded braids before securing with pins. (Photo: Courtesy of stila)
- Zac Posen: Is there anything more romantic and feminine than white silk flowers strewn through hair? Odile Gilbert for Kérastase masterfully executed this hairstyle—and brides-to-be everywhere are swooning. (Photo: Courtesy of Kérastase)
- Cynthia Rowley: Surfer girl with edge was the style at Cynthia Rowley and Staci Child for Cutler/Redken pulled it off to a tee with her half beachy wave, half punky pulled back ‘do. (Photo: Tom Newton)
- Marchesa: Goth glamour was the vibe at Marchesa, where stylist Odile Gilbert for Kérastase adorned strands with dark, moody plumage. (Photo: Courtesy of Kérastase)
- Rachel Zoe: The perfect hybrid between a braid and a bird’s nest, this style is something you’d never want to do yourself (brushing that out must have hurt). That said, we’re so impressed by Antonio Corral’s fabulously frizzy plaits. (Photo: Courtesy of Moroccan Oil)
- Alice + Olivia: When in doubt, a sleek, low bun is always a sophisticated choice. Stylist Nick Irwin for TIGI's pro tip was to add a shine spray, flat iron the hair, and then use mousse throughout the pony before coiling it to keep flyaways at bay. (Photo: Courtesy of TIGI)
- Jason Wu: Odile Gilbert for Kérastase can take credit for the stick-straight blunt ponys at Jason Wu. To add a hint of glam, he finished the minimalist look off with gold cuffed ponytail holders—a must-have accessory for next season. (Photo: Courtesy of Kérastase)
- Kate Spade: Creating the perfect topknot might as well be an art form and hairstylist Tommy Bucket got it exactly right at Kate Spade. We especially loved that these chunky buns were slightly undone, which gave the hair a very effortless and real feel. (Photo: Tom Newton)
- Mara Hoffman: Holy braid! The butt-grazing plaits by Nick Irwin for TIGI at Mara Hoffman were too long for real life, but we definitely plan to try a modified version of this style ourselves. (Photo: Courtesy of TIGI)
- Badgley Mischka: This delicate roll by Peter Gray for Moroccan Oil is so utterly sweet, we can’t stop staring. (Photo: Courtesy of Moroccan Oil)
Want to stay in-the-know about the latest beauty trends? Sign up for Birchbox now!